Wednesday, October 04, 2006

As most of you probably already know, I was suppose to be going on a missions trip to Pakistan in February. I really wanted to go on this trip, but I was nowhere near having the money. I can't even afford tuition as it stands. However, God told me to sign up for it and trust him for the money. So that's what I did. Now money is flying at me from all over, from the most unexpected of places. I needed about $2000, and it's beginning to look like I'll have more than that. God is good.
Strangely, the trip was cancelled. Only one person signed up for it, and that was me. Apparently, God has different plans for that money. We'll see what happens. The real problem here is that we were given a week to pick a trip, and a week more to pay for it. That means I had to start trying to get money for the trip before I even finished filling out the application form for it. That's kind of inevitable though since the trips are in February and flight prices are rising. They had to rush everything to make it as cheap as possible. However, it means that I'm now left with the last choice of trips because mine was cancelled. I'll probably wind up in Zimbabwe for the same price. Either that or South Africa. Wherever they can fit me in now. There's nothing to complain about there.
I'll have to go back to everyone who's given me money and ask if I'm allowed to use it for a different trip. This could cause a problem if anyone says no, and then I don't have enough money for this trip.
Oh well. It's in God's hands, and I haven't been given any reason not to trust him. It should be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home